Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zarzac-- Feral Tank App.

3 posters

Go down

Zarzac-- Feral Tank App. Empty Zarzac-- Feral Tank App.

Post  Zarzac Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:56 pm

character Name: Zarzac

Your Age: 19

Class: Druid

Level: 85

Talent Spec: Feral-tank

Armory Link:

Professions: Alchemy/JC ( in the process of lvling). I also have 525 mining / 525 enchanting on another character.

Post a link to a screenshot of your UI (prefer in raid combat):
Post a link to a combat log parse for a recent raid you did (such as WOL/WMO/WWS):

Current Guild: Singularity

Previous Guild/s & Reason/s for leaving: They are a good group of guys but they do not have a consistent raid schedule.

Why are you interested in joining Merciless: I feel that merciless is one of the top raiding guilds on the server. It seems like you guys know how to get work done and down all the new , current content. This is the exact type of guild I want to be in.

What do you think you will gain from joining Merciless:
First and foremost I will meet lots of great people that know their class, the raid encounters inside and out. And secondly I will get a sense of teamwork and cooperation.

What do you think Merciless will gain from you joining:
They will gain a competant, organized tank that knows the encounters and is very situationally aware.

Do you consider yourself guild oriented? Why?:
I do consider myself guild oriented. In my opinion being in a guild is one of the huge things that makes up wow. I love to be in a group of people that know their class very well, know the raid encounters, like to joke around once in awhile, and get the job done. Once I found out what raids were all about ive wanted to join a premiere guild that clears all content.

Rank these in Order (Loot, Progression, Helping Others, Self, Friends):
Friends, Helping others, Progression, Self, Loot

List ALL of your Raiding Experiences:
I have only been playing since late wotlk, So I have only gone as far as Professor Putricide in ICC, select bosses in Uld, And some ToC. With this X-pac I want to take raiding very seriously and strive to down all content when it is current and to even do some hardmodes.

On a scale of 1-10 how well do you know your class/spec (Be Honest):
I would say a 9.

Do you use your keyboard to turn? Do you use your mouse to click on your spells?
I use bartender and keybind all my actions/spells. I also use my mouse to turn.

Do you research your class? If so, how, and what resources do you use?
Yes I like to research my class alot. I use elitist jerks, Tankspot, and the WoW forums.

Do you currently know anyone in Merciless:
No I do not.

Do you have Ventrilo / DeadlyBossMods / Omen / Microphone (If no mic what is preventing you from obtaining one?): yes, I have all of the above

Do you have an authenticator (either cellphone/ipod touch or the key fob) ?
No I do not use an authenticator as I do not feel I am at risk for being hacked.

List the start time and end time of your raid availability:
My raid times are from 4pm server time to 1am server time most days. Friday's/Saturday's are the two that are in question due to work.

Two people win the roll for the same piece of loot. Player A wins, but Player B will get a larger upgrade from the loot. Who do you think should get the item and why: Since player A won the loot fair and square, it is his. There are some exceptions though, such as player A giving the loot to player B, Or if the guild uses performance as a way to measure who should get that particular piece of gear.

Zarzac

Back to top Go down

Zarzac-- Feral Tank App. Empty problem with armory and UI link

Post  Zarzac Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:00 pm

EDIT: my armory and UI link are not showing up??

Zarzac

Back to top Go down

Zarzac-- Feral Tank App. Empty Link to UI and armory

Post  zarzac Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:07 pm

armory = us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/zarzac/simple

UI= s1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa328/wowplayerzarzac/?action=view&current=WoWScrnShot_011211_233711.jpg

zarzac

Back to top Go down

Zarzac-- Feral Tank App. Empty Re: Zarzac-- Feral Tank App.

Post  Keypad Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:13 pm

Are you really gemming agility, as a tank ?

Your enchants are wrong..

Keypad

Back to top Go down

Post  Fahren Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:20 pm

I really like the amount of work that was put into building a proper pre-raiding set of gear. (346+ and several rep. epics)

I'm questioning the presence of agility gems in your gear - can you explain to me why you aren't opting for something more, say, defensive, such as stamina?

I potentially personally know the answer, but I'm testing your knowledge.

Have you / can you review(ed) fights that might be part of your new curriculum?

Do you mind being screamed at in vent by a raid leader of questionable intelligence? (because you will, even if he's wrong. For instance, he yells at my mirror images sitting in fire on a daily basis.)

Also, are you tolerent of accents?

Fahren

Back to top Go down

Post  Fahren Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:21 pm

Keypad wrote:Are you really gemming agility, as a tank ?

Your enchants are wrong..

If it was wrong, tanking gear wouldn't have agility as a socket bonus, now would it? Hah!... perhaps. Let's see what he says.

Fahren

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:36 pm

Do you mind being screamed at in vent by a raid leader of unmeasurable intelligence? (because you will, even if he's wrong. For instance, he yells at me for sitting in fire on a daily basis.)

Fixt.
Ash
Ash
Admin

https://merciless.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Zarzac-- Feral Tank App. Empty Response

Post  zarzac Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:48 pm

Ok, as for the agility. From most of the things ive read from the WoW feral tank thread, Elitist jerks is that a +40 agility gem should be used in red sockets and that I should try to match sockets for bonuses if that bonus is either agility or mastery. The other option for red sockets is to gem for +20 agility/+30 stamina. I had a few of those in before , but i decided to throw in the +40 agility gems. I understood agility also gives dodge rating ( before diminishing returns), and also attack power and crit (thus more damage and more threat? ). So im still on the fence in terms of what gems to use in red sockets, stick with the +40 agility or go with the +20 agi/ +30 stamina? I would also note that many of these theorycrafting websites specifically mentioned NOT to gem straight stamina. I do know that in cata , tanks have to focus more on defensive/avoidance stats rather than straight stamina sponges. So I will not pretend that I know it all, And if you have any knowledgeable bear tanks that I could talk to about gemming than lead me to them please, Im always down to learn more.

As for fights, Yeah I always make sure to go watch the video of an encounter before the raid. lets say there is a raid planned for friday, ill go and watch the video for the boss encounter/mechanics on tankspot a few days before to make sure I know how the encounter. And if the raid leader requires me to watch it again, than I gladly will, Always looking to give 125%.

And no, I do not mind being yelled at over vent...I mean I can understand why the raid leader would be extra cautious and call everything out, he wants the raid to be a success!

And accents are fine, I can usually understand most people.

zarzac

Back to top Go down

Post  Keypad Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:43 am

http://manaflask.com/Aryu/blog/5267/
http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t114069-feral_bear_cataclysm_release/#Stats

Read more..

Stamina > Agility. Not only does it gives you HP, but also attack power with Vengeance.

Here's my knowledgeable bear tank:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightnings-blade/sejta/simple

Oh and what is your argument to justify your 30agi - 20 mastery shoulder enchant over a 75 stam - 25 dodge ?

Keypad

Back to top Go down

Post  zarzac Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:10 pm

Well it seems im reading conflicting information :O

us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1126995943 <-- and in the gemming section she states certain gems are good to use while others are not the best choice, she also states the +60 stamina gem is not one of the best to use.

and the bear tank who wrote this little guide-- us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/reesi/simple

And the simple reason I am not using the 75 stam- 25 dodge rating enchant is due to the fact I am not exhalted with therazane yet( over 3/4 revered with them at the moment)

All that aside I did change most of my gems over to +60 stamina, I am also using Rawr now which is a free program from the guys at elitist jerks, It helps you choose which gems to use in certain pieces of gear.

elitistjerks.com/rawr.php <--- here is the link to rawr

zarzac

Back to top Go down

Post  Fahren Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:56 pm

Rawr's great, I just don't listen to it, haha

Fahren

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:52 pm

Contact me in game when you get the chance.
Ash
Ash
Admin

https://merciless.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down