Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kestriel 85 Survival/Marksmanship Hunter

3 posters

Go down

Kestriel 85 Survival/Marksmanship Hunter Empty Kestriel 85 Survival/Marksmanship Hunter

Post  Kestriel Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:53 pm

Character Name: Kestriel

Your Age: 23

Class: Hunter

Level: 85

Talent Spec: Survival, for the moment. I hear a nerf is coming, and I also have a Marksmanship spec, which is getting buffed.

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/kestriel/simple

Professions: Enchanting/Engineering

Post a link to a screenshot of your UI (prefer in raid combat): https://2img.net/h/i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/drakkunis/WoWScrnShot_011011_213449.jpg

Post a link to a combat log parse for a recent raid you did (such as WOL/WMO/WWS):

Current Guild: Merciless

Previous Guild/s & Reason/s for leaving: Xercism, Disbanded; Hunger for Power, Wanted to raid.

Why are you interested in joining Merciless: Primarily to achieve raid progression and have fun with my friends at the same time.

What do you think you will gain from joining Merciless: Raid experience, good friends, and good times.

What do you think Merciless will gain from you joining: Competent DPS, always willing to learn. Also, a sense of humor.

Do you consider yourself guild oriented? Why?: Yes, I always like to see my guild succeed, whether it be getting guild achievements or progressing in raid, I am always willing to help.

Rank these in Order (Loot, Progression, Helping Others, Self, Friends): Helping others, Progression, Friends, Self, Loot

List ALL of your Raiding Experiences: ICC 10 up to Blood Prince Council, ToC/ToGC10, ToC25. I did a BH last week. Also, some screwing around in Naxx, Ulduar, and BC raids.

On a scale of 1-10 how well do you know your class/spec (Be Honest): Surv 9/Marks 8

Do you use your keyboard to turn? Do you use your mouse to click on your spells? Turn, no. To back up while still shooting, yes. I click on my traps, and my pet commands.

Do you research your class? If so, how, and what resources do you use? Yes. EJ, Warcraft Hunter's Union, Swapping tips with other players

Do you currently know anyone in Merciless: Yes. Many.

Do you have Ventrilo / DeadlyBossMods / Omen / Microphone (If no mic what is preventing you from obtaining one?): Yes.

Do you have an authenticator (either cellphone/ipod touch or the key fob) ? Yes, but I haven't activated it yet.

List the start time and end time of your raid availability: As of right now? Anytime. Once I get another job, I'll have to request off around raid times, so I'm not sure yet on that.

Two people win the roll for the same piece of loot. Player A wins, but Player B will get a larger upgrade from the loot. Who do you think should get the item and why:
I think it depends largely on performance, contribution to the guild/raid, and attendance. All factors being equal? Player B. But if Player A is the one showing up to all the raids, putting forth all of the effort, and generally being more competent in their task, I say Player A should get it. It's no use giving good gear to a player who wont be able to use it effectively.

Kestriel

Back to top Go down

Kestriel 85 Survival/Marksmanship Hunter Empty Re: Kestriel 85 Survival/Marksmanship Hunter

Post  Ash Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:47 pm

Your UI is quite cluttered. What size is your monitor and what resolution is it currently at?

What do you use to track your focus?

Why is your pet on defensive? You should probably leave it on passive and macro in /petattack into some sort of spell you use often to have the pet attack your current target.

I see no reason why you should have to use the S key to back up. You can simply turn the character to the left or right with the mouse quickly and strafe back without dropping autoshot/facing away from the target. It's much quicker.

Is everything that's labeled s-x, where x represent a number, bound to shift-x? If so, how exactly do you hit anything past 6?

You should probably activate your authenticator ASAP.
Ash
Ash
Admin

https://merciless.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Kestriel 85 Survival/Marksmanship Hunter Empty Re: Kestriel 85 Survival/Marksmanship Hunter

Post  Kestriel Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:14 pm

a) 16" Monitor, 1366x768 resolution, which is probably the reason it looks cluttered. That's the native resolution on this monitor, but it can be adjusted.

b) Since Survival isn't as...focus focused... as say, Marksmanship, I can generally just use my focus bar to track my focus. Lock and Load procs don't require focus, neither does Kill Shot, when it comes up. Cobra Shot generates focus. The only thing I really need to allocate focus for is Black Arrow when it comes off cooldown, which is after 3 sets of (Explosive Shot, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot). I have my rotation pretty well timed out. If it comes time where an addon would help me do better, I will get one.

c) My pet is on defensive because that is how I was utilizing him at the time. I do periodically put my pet on passive if he needs to attack a specific target, or if there are pats in the area. The problem with macroing /petattack into my rotation is that the only place it would be effectively macroed is with Cobra Shot. I spam that so frequently that if he were to be attacking something specifically, he would drop that target almost immediately.

d) When I say I use 'S' to back up, I generally mean to back from melee range to ranged range. If I'm getting out of fire, or other non-ground-colored shit, I use my mouse.

e) Yes, they are bound that way, but my bars are very flexible. In that screenshot, I have all of my traps and flare on s-7 through s-=, with the exception of the slow trap, which is on my main bar because I was using it. My traps and other macros float around a bit, depending on the situation. I keep things in those slots simply so I can rearrange easier.

f) Will do.

Kestriel

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:26 pm

Lower the UI scale so you can see more shit, then post another screenshot.

Use disengage then move forward if you go out too far, no need to use the S key.

I still don't understand how you press shift 7 and beyond without using 2 hands or removing your hand from your mouse.
Ash
Ash
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kestriel Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:28 pm

a) https://2img.net/h/i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/drakkunis/WoWScrnShot_011111_232311.jpg

or

https://2img.net/h/i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/drakkunis/WoWScrnShot_011111_232344.jpg

Only other significantly different options available.

b) Good point.

c) I don't. They're just there to make swapping bars easier.

Kestriel

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:59 pm

It looks like your first screenshot is normal, then the second one it looks like you increased the UI scale instead of decreasing, and the third looks the same as the first. Try dropping it more to get more room.
Ash
Ash
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Keypad Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:10 pm

oh hi,

I do speak the english.

Keypad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down