Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application to join guild, 85 Rogue

Go down

Application to join guild, 85 Rogue Empty Application to join guild, 85 Rogue

Post  Saturos Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:02 am

Character Name: Tyracite

Your Age: 17

Class: Rogue

Level: 85

Talent Spec: Assassination, 31/3/7

Armory Link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/tyracite/simple

Professions: Herbalism 525, Transmutation Master 525
Post a link to a screenshot of your UI (prefer in raid combat): s414.photobucket.com/albums/pp228/Darkproto93/?action=view&current=WoWScrnShot_010611_234720.jpg

Post a link to a combat log parse for a recent raid you did (such as WOL/WMO/WWS):

Current Guild: None

Previous Guild/s & Reason/s for leaving: The last guild I remember being is was Xercism, which disbanded.

Why are you interested in joining Merciless: It's been quite a while since I have raided anything. I was a kingslayer on my Paladin before when Hellscream's Warsong was only 15%.

What do you think you will gain from joining Merciless: Merciless seem to be a fun PvE guild that can get the job done when it comes to raiding, of which I would like to be a part. Perhaps I could also pick up a few tips on how to better my rogue.

What do you think Merciless will gain from you joining: Merciless, will gain a valuable raider in their midst, who can focus, have discipline, and pay attention whenever needed.

Do you consider yourself guild oriented? Why?: None of my characters currently have guilds because it is hard to find a good one with good people to get the job done and to have fun doing it. Warcraft is first and foremost a game, and I can get along with a guild as long as it also has focus, discipline, and the ability to pay attention.

Rank these in Order (Loot, Progression, Helping Others, Self, Friends): Progression, Friends, Loot, Self, Helping Others.

List ALL of your Raiding Experiences: I started raiding on a fury warrior when WotLK came out by the name of Bladed. I went through OS and Naxx with her when they were still challenging. I then made the Protection Paladin Sąturos, and briefly joined Merciless for the duration of Ulduar, but it was not to last as I spent too much time playing my Alternate Characters. Sąturos then wandered for quite some time before joining the guild Xercism, which progressed as a guild through both ICC 10 and 25 man when it was released. The 25 man ICC, my computer could not handle, as at the time I was playing on a laptop computer, but I now have a desktop and perhaps a better chance to not disconnect while standing in fire. The ICC 10 group was comprised of good raiders, and we defeated the Lich King with Hellscream's Warsong at 15% increase. The guild had complications, and most good raiders left to seek their fortune's elsewhere, I was among them. I haven't had a guild since then, and would like to play my Rogue as I think they have the highest damage potential of all classes.

On a scale of 1-10 how well do you know your class/spec (Be Honest): I'll give myself a 7, for I have never raided on a rogue before, and my friends Gluecost of the Ysondre server, serves as my mentor in playing and operating an Assassination Rogue.

Do you use your keyboard to turn? Do you use your mouse to click on your spells? I occasionally turn with the keyboard, usually I turn 90 degrees and strafe to run backwards. The mouse does not serve to click on my spells unless they are too far away to hit when I am moving such as - or =.

Do you research your class? If so, how, and what resources do you use? I take much advice from other raiders with the same position as me, as well as checking the forums when a patch is released to make changes for the changes.

Do you currently know anyone in Merciless: Chenn was the leader of Xercism, and Drogada was second in command. I know both very well.

Do you have Ventrilo / DeadlyBossMods / Omen / Microphone (If no mic what is preventing you from obtaining one?): Ventrilo I have, Microphone I have, and both DeadlyBossMods and Omen are two downloads away.

Do you have an authenticator (either cellphone/ipod touch or the key fob)? I do not currently.

List the start time and end time of your raid availability: Most days raid times run from 6 pm server to 12-1 pm server. Any changes and I notify the raid leader, or someone of equal importance.

Two people win the roll for the same piece of loot. Player A wins, but Player B will get a larger upgrade from the loot. Who do you think should get the item and why: Player A won the loot, and Player A alone decides what to do with the loot. Everyone else should be passive in the matter.

Saturos

Back to top Go down

Application to join guild, 85 Rogue Empty Re: Application to join guild, 85 Rogue

Post  Ash Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:59 pm

What happens when your friend quits playing wow and you have no one to mentor you?
Ash
Ash
Admin

https://merciless.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Application to join guild, 85 Rogue Empty Re: Application to join guild, 85 Rogue

Post  Saturos Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:07 pm

Quote the Legend of Zelda Ocarina Trailer:
"In the end, willst thou soar? Or willst thou suck?"
Like anything in the world, playing a new class of any sort takes practice, and help sometimes. If my friend does indeed quite the game, then I shall have learned all I can from him, and will rely on the words of other Warcraft players through the forums and through in-game communications.

Saturos

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:49 pm

Why can't you rely on yourself? Or rely on using other resources?
Ash
Ash
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saturos Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:52 pm

I feel that no matter what I am doing, I always have room to improve. It's not that I'm bad, it's that I think of myself as bad when compared to others of superiority.

Saturos

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:51 pm

That's no way to go about improving yourself.
Ash
Ash
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saturos Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:50 am

Aye, sir.

Saturos

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:35 pm

I suggest you find more reliable and stronger sources for your class.

You have herbalism, it gives a haste buff now, but I still believe you should have a second crafting profession instead of a gathering one.

Most of your gear is not enchanted.

The last time you were in here you became completely unreliable as a tank for us in raids due to a schedule conflict probably, therefore, you won't be raiding with us.

Since you have longstanding friends in the guild, you may join as a casual if you like.
Ash
Ash
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down