Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moshuah - Tauren Prot/Holy Pally

2 posters

Go down

Moshuah - Tauren Prot/Holy Pally Empty Moshuah - Tauren Prot/Holy Pally

Post  Cmoshdotcom Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:17 pm

Character Name: Moshuah

Your Age: 29

Class: Paladin

Level: 85

Talent Spec: Protection/Holy

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/moshuah/simple

Professions: Mining/JC

Post a link to a screenshot of your UI (prefer in raid combat):

Post a link to a combat log parse for a recent raid you did (such as WOL/WMO/WWS):
I don't hold on to them

Current Guild: C l u t c h

Previous Guild/s & Reason/s for leaving: HATE (left on server switch), CLUTCH (not enough people on at one time to do any significant raiding)

Why are you interested in joining Merciless: I need a guild who is progression based more so than leveling based. CLUTCH right now feels very much like a leveling guild, whereas me and a choice few others are always running heroics, and have already puged attempts at new raid content.

What do you think you will gain from joining Merciless: A group of people who are interested in raiding and gearing out to progress.

What do you think Merciless will gain from you joining: A solid Tank, who learns quickly and adapts quickly to change.

Do you consider yourself guild oriented? Why?: Absolutely. I'll bend over backwards for a guild as long as it means forward movement. If we work as a team, things will be accomplished.

Rank these in Order (Loot, Progression, Helping Others, Self, Friends):
Progression
Friends
Helping others
Self
Loot

I put loot at the bottom, not because i hate gear, but, if the other things fall in to place the way they need to, the gear will always come.

List ALL of your Raiding Experiences: I started playing wow a couple months into BC. Farmed Kara every week, 3 bosses into SSC, some BT, and very little TK. as for WOTLK, we had just about everything on farm as a guild group (clutch). TOC, TOGC, ICC10 (downed LK on 3 different toons as heal/tank/dps). touched on some icc25, think i made it (before our pug fell apart every week) 6/12. in icc10, we went 5/12 heroic

On a scale of 1-10 how well do you know your class/spec (Be Honest):
Tanking, I'll give myself a solid 8, pushing 9. I still learn new things i can do to gain agro/yank agro from someone else more efficiently. I've been tanking for a majority of my wow "career", but its always nice to find something new in my bag of tricks.

As for healing, I havent really touched on it at all since 4.0.1 went live. I've heard a lot of people complain about it saying it was rough. not to mention, tanks are always harder to find (imo) so i stick with what i know

Do you use your keyboard to turn? Do you use your mouse to click on your spells?
I never use my keyboard to turn, as for clicking, id say half and half... most of my main stuff i hotbard, and some of the off stuff is clicked

Do you research your class? If so, how, and what resources do you use?
i do very little research on my toon. more so a trial by fire. I'm not one to be told how to play my toon, or which rotation to use, but again, im always looking to better my performance

Do you currently know anyone in Merciless: Valefarr, was just picked up last night i believe, and Güchette is still in the app process. I've known both of these guys for several years, and we work well as a cohesive unit. (vale is a long time friend i grew up gaming with, and Guch is also a long time friend from across the country. we started playing DAOC way back in the day, and since then we've tackled MMOs together)

Do you have Ventrilo / DeadlyBossMods / Omen / Microphone (If no mic what is preventing you from obtaining one?):
I use all of it

Do you have an authenticator (either cellphone/ipod touch or the key fob) ?
I do not.

List the start time and end time of your raid availability:
I'm available any time after 6:30 pm eastern time

Two people win the roll for the same piece of loot. Player A wins, but Player B will get a larger upgrade from the loot. Who do you think should get the item and why:
If its a pug, whoever wins the roll, gets the loot. If its strictly a guild group, whoever will benefit more from the item should get it.

Cmoshdotcom

Back to top Go down

Moshuah - Tauren Prot/Holy Pally Empty Re: Moshuah - Tauren Prot/Holy Pally

Post  Ash Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:38 pm

I'm not sure if I'm a fan of your gemming choices. Technically you should be stacking full stam and nothing else. Since you're a JC you're missing 2 Solid Chimera's Eyes in your gear. Missing a few enchants as well. You also should be using the block meta since you will mitigate more damage that way. It's not theorycrafted yet to see which meta is better, but on blues and some epics of T11, you will have less armor anyway and are still taking a lot of damage from bosses, therefore technically the block meta is better. That will also probably even out your gemming as well.

Right now your spec looks off by a few points. You want to spec as if you're tanking a boss, not adds in a heroic. The 2 points in Imp. Hammer of Justice should be swapped to Judgements of the Just. I'm not sure how to go about looking at your other talents without knowing your rotation. Do you use Word of Glory often or Shield of the Righteous? If you don't use WoG then the 1 point in the first tier is completely useless in WOG, etc. Take a look at my spec, it's currently built for WoG based of of EJ. I plan to back to a threat based spec when I'm fully epic'd because WoG is only good to support heals when you're taking too much damage.

You should take out Glyph of Judgement and replace it with Glyph of Shield of the Righteous because you will get more threat tanking and do more overall damage.

You're missing hit cap by .50% roughly, you have to reforge mastery or more parry into hit.
Ash
Ash
Admin

https://merciless.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cmoshdotcom Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:43 pm

aye, i specced more towards heroics for the time being because me guch and vale were strictly heroic farming to gear out. ill definitely try out the block meta as well since less damage taken is always welcome by myself and healers.

Cmoshdotcom

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:46 pm

Once you fix your stuff, post a screenshot of your app.
Ash
Ash
Admin

https://merciless.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down