Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keewies 80 Hunter

4 posters

Go down

Keewies 80 Hunter Empty Keewies 80 Hunter

Post  Keewie Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:12 am

Character Name: Keewies

Your Age: 20

Class: Hunter

Level: 80

Talent Spec: Marksman (7/57/7)/ Survival (2/17/52) Blood Council Tanking Spec

Armory Link:

Professions: Leatherworking (450)/Skinning (450)

Post a link to a screen shot of your UI (prefer in raid combat):

Post a link to a combat log parse for a recent raid you did (such as WOL/WMO/WWS):

Current Guild: None

Previous Guild/s & Reason/s for leaving:
Insomnia ( US-Turalyon): The guild itself, in terms of profession, died as Wrath of the Lich King was released. All raids since that point were conducted through pick-up groups. As of the most few months, only 12 players really remained active. I did have a strong bound with these people as I had been raiding them since Burning Crusade, but I am closer to those that I interact with outside of the game. I transferred to Emerald Dream, then faction transferred to play with two of my closest friends.

Why are you interested in joining Merciless: I would really like to experience the final raid encounters of this expansion. I really enjoyed the encounters of Black Temple, Mount Hyjal as well as the Sunwell Plateau. I can only assume that the final encounters of Icecrown Citadel will be just as "epic". I believe that this guild ultimatum has that goal in mind and has the dedication to achieve such a feat.

What do you think you will gain from joining Merciless: Hopefully, I will be able to participate in raid encounters such as those mentioned above. A few laughs and interesting guild conversation would also be a great benefit.

What do you think Merciless will gain from you joining: Merciless will gain an effective player with a positive attitude who is playing this game to have fun. At the end of the day, one must ask him/herself, was it worth it? I am glad to say that the time spent playing this game is worth it do to the way I play and the people I meet. I guess I should also add that I can do any tank, at any time. Do I have confidence? Hell Yes.

Do you consider yourself guild oriented? Why?: I would defiantly say that I am guild oriented. A guild is like a family or a team in many ways and just as in any family or team, there will be those that you love, those that you dislike and those that just kind of show up. No matter how you feel about those people, ultimately you are going to do whatever you can for those of your family or team because you know they would do the same for you. In all honesty, there may be a person in the guild that I do not get along with, but no matter how bad our relationship is , I will still show them respect and walk through hell if they need assistance. That is what a family is. That is what a Team is. That is what a Guild Has To Be.

Rank these in Order (Loot, Progression, Helping Others, Self, Friends):
Friends
Helping others
Self
Progression
Loot

Allow me to explain.... You will spend more time chatting with friends on such topics as their life, job and feelings for roughly 75% of your time online. This is right fully so, if it were not for that interaction with other people (i.e. friends), then I would wager that most of us wouldn't be playing this game still. Helping others places top two for two reasons. 1. Progression is a guild effort, and a guild is only as strong as its weakest link. Therefore, rather then looking out for the number 1, think about the benefits for helping out another. Although it may night seem like much, I guarantee they will remember your generosity outside of the game and feel empowered to spread that good will. Yes, it is just a game but a person's character is represented by what they do in the game as well. The third is self, now my definition of self may be different from what was intended by this question, but here is my definition of self. Self represents your physical, emotional and ethical state of being. A person has to make sure that he/she stays healthy, happy and ethically just. If the first three item of my list are taken care of (Friends, Helping others and Self) then the guild will progress by killing bosses and by killing bosses, the guild will get loot.

List ALL of your Raiding Experiences:
I will just list Burning Crusade as that is when 10/25 man content began:
Karazhan
Gruul's Lair
Magtheridon's Lair
Serpentshrine Caverns
Tempest Keep (The Eye)
Mount Hyjal
Black Temple
Zul'Aman
Sunwell Plateau (Excluding Mu'ru, yes he was a "cockblock")
Wrath of the Lich King
Naxx 10/25
Uldaur: I really did not play during this time, but I have cleared the first four to five in 10/25
Saph: 10/25 (1,2, 3 Drakes Up)
Kal: 10/25
Trial of the Crusader: 10/25 (1/5 for H10 and H25)
Icecrown: I have successfully killed the first 4 in both 10/25, while also adding Festergut to the 10 man list tonight.
On a scale of 1-10 how well do you know your class/spec (Be Honest):
7, I feel I know my class very well, but I have much to learn from trial and error as well as gaining knowledge from other players.

Do you use your keyboard to turn? Do you use your mouse to click on your spells?
I do use my keyboard to turn and as for being a "clicker" it depends on the fight. If I am constantly MD'ing multiple targets then I tend to click as my left hand turns, tabs or types.

Do you research your class? If so, how, and what resources do you use?
Yes I do, I will never be satisfied with my current knowledge and I will never stop learning. I do believe its true that if you are not getting better, then you are getting worse. One does not simply stay the same. As for the sites that I use this includes: Tankspot, Maxdps, Outdps, Warcraft Hunter's Union, Elitist Jerks Forum, Fusion's Forum and World Of Raids. Out of all of this list, the best resource is not listed. That resource is stilling in vent with other hunters and running through everything whether it be through shot rotations, Boss strategies to make the next time better then the last or just talking shop about the future of the class.

Do you currently know anyone in Merciless:
No, not really. Although the people that I have met seem fantastic. Except for Rauxis (TAKE THE ARCTIC FUR AND DRUMS ALREADY! MAIL TAG WILL ADD UP 30 COPPER AT A TIME)

Do you have Ventrilo / DeadlyBossMods / Omen / Microphone (If no mic what is preventing you from obtaining one?):
Yes, Yes, Yes and Roger.

List the start time and end time of your raid availability:
Monday 5:00PM-1 AM
Tuesday 7:00PM-1 AM
Wednesday: 7-1 AM
Thursday: 7- 12 AM
Friday: Unavailable
Saturday: 7-4 AM

Sunday: Major Homework Day. 8 PM to 1 AM
Two people win the roll for the same piece of loot. Player A wins, but Player B will get a larger upgrade from the loot. Who do you think should get the item and why: I believe that the rolls are fair, but If I were player A, then I would pass and if I were player B then I would accept the luck of the draw. If player A defaults to me, Fantastic!. If he does not, oh well. There are plenty more imaginary items in the proverbial sea of raiding.

I also do apologize for the lengthy responses.

Keewie

Back to top Go down

Keewies 80 Hunter Empty Re: Keewies 80 Hunter

Post  Keewie Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:16 am

Armory: (Not Sure why it did not show up the first time)
sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Keewies]http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Keewies[/url]

Keewie

Back to top Go down

Post  Keewie Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:18 am

Keewies 80 Hunter 20u7hac

Keewie

Back to top Go down

Keewies 80 Hunter Empty Wow....

Post  Keewie Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:21 am

This just does not seem to be working out for me Razz

Third time is a charm?

Keewie

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:24 am

Thanks for the application, definitely an example to go off of!

I do use my keyboard to turn and as for being a "clicker" it depends on the fight. If I am constantly MD'ing multiple targets then I tend to click as my left hand turns, tabs or types.

Since we use the same tanks for all encounters in 25man, I'd suggest setting up a macro for MD & and a keybind. Also, why don't you use a mouse to turn? Quicker to move during fire & effects like Sindragosa's "suck in". You don't seem to have anything keybinded either.

Are your raid times on EST or CST? If so, will Sunday be a usual conflict on attendance?

Where is your Omen?

Since you ran ICC10 last night we have a WOL record on file for you.
Ash
Ash
Admin

https://merciless.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Keewie Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:25 am

That screen shot that you see of my UI is meerly 2/3 of it in actuality due to the boards limited space. I would also like to comment on my performance within ICC 10 last night. My poor dps output through Lord Marrowgar, Lady Deathwhisperer, and Saurfang. Honestly, that was the first time ive been embarressed through playing my hunter. I do realize that I was missing some essential buffs that would be present with 25 raid members rather then 10. This is in no way an excuse for my poor performance in terms of damage done on these three fights. I do stand behind what I said to each of the offciers present that I will top the meters in a 25 man encounter. I realize that based on last nights encounters placed a bad taste of me in each of your mouths. I just ask that you allow me to prove myself on an equal playing field. I know of course that I am inferring your opinion of me based on those fights, but I would be thinking the exact same thing if I was in the opposite position.

As for making a MD Macro, that is a fantastic suggestion and If I were to be invited again to a Merciless Raid, it will be in use.

Moving out of fire and other such affects, I tend to use disengage in order to escape such situations. Yet, using my mouse will be significatly easier after freeining up MD from its Point and Click Status.

My Macros are the default 1-= due to my use of a Z Board. This is a keyboard modified for World of Warcraft if you are not familier.

I am also central time. There should very little conflict as I will know in advance if a raid is planned and I can finish my assignments accordingly.

Keewie

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:52 am

Sounds good, I will contact you in game tonight.
Ash
Ash
Admin

https://merciless.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:27 pm

Keewie wrote:I do stand behind what I said to each of the offciers present that I will top the meters in a 25 man encounter.
Oh reaaaaaaaaally? Very Happy
Rum
Rum

Back to top Go down

Post  valkilor Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:03 pm

hehe time to crush some 1's spirit =P
valkilor
valkilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Nazall Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:06 pm