Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chrono - Holy Paladin

3 posters

Go down

Chrono - Holy Paladin Empty Chrono - Holy Paladin

Post  Chrono41 Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:31 pm

Character Name:
Chrono

Your Age:

Class:
Paladin

Level:

Talent Spec:
Holy

Armory Link:

Professions:
Jewelcrafting (450) / Blacksmith (421)

Post a link to a screenshot of your UI (prefer in raid combat): [ most recent ]

Post a link to a combat log parse for a recent raid you did (such as WOL/WMO/WWS):
None, srys >.<

Current Guild:
Défiant

Previous Guild/s & Reason/s for leaving:
Lack of raiding

Why are you interested in joining Merciless:
Heard good things of their 25man, and wanted to join a good endgame 25man

What do you think you will gain from joining Merciless:
the 25man experience and endgame ownage.

What do you think Merciless will gain from you joining:
A well-geared Holy pally that knows what he's doing.

Do you consider yourself guild oriented? Why?:
Yes

Rank these in Order (Loot, Progression, Helping Others, Self, Friends):
1. Friends
2. Progression
3. Helping Others
4. Loot
5. Self

List ALL of your Raiding Experiences:
Naxxramas 10 - complete clear
Naxxramas 25 - complete clear
Ulduar 10 - complete clear
Ulduar 25 - up to Hodir
ToC 10 - complete clear
ToC 25 - complete clear
ToGC 10 - up to Anub'arak
ICC 10 - up to Professor

On a scale of 1-10 how well do you know your class/spec (Be Honest):

Do you use your keyboard to turn? Do you use your mouse to click on your spells?
Mouseclick to turn
Key-bindings for mostly all my spells with low clicking

Do you research your class? If so, how, and what resources do you use?
Yes, asking other holy paladins that i trust and raid in 25man.

Do you currently know anyone in Merciless:
Dragana.

Do you have Ventrilo / DeadlyBossMods / Omen / Microphone (If no mic what is preventing you from obtaining one?):
Yes to all 4.

List the start time and end time of your raid availability:
7:00ST - Till were done

Two people win the roll for the same piece of loot. Player A wins, but Player B will get a larger upgrade from the loot. Who do you think should get the item and why:
Player B because if its a bigger upgrade for him/her, then that equals more dps, healing, and health and mitigation for tank, and Player A and Player B will roughly be equal.

Chrono41

Back to top Go down

Chrono - Holy Paladin Empty Re: Chrono - Holy Paladin

Post  Demonicangel Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:05 am

Let me be stright forward with ya. We dont currently have an opening in our 25 man raid. However i am looking for a pallidan for 10 mans. This would give you a spot in 10 mans and potentially into 25mans on a standby basis. If this intrest you speak with myself, Ashuos or Laidycane in game.
Demonicangel
Demonicangel

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:32 pm

Where's your screenshot?

Where's your armory link?

If you ask other holy paladins, what happens when:
1. They no longer play?
2. You become one of the best so your resources run dry on asking those who are better than you?
3. They are not online and you need to figure out a healing strat/effective method on downing a progression encounter?
Ash
Ash
Admin

https://merciless.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Chrono - Holy Paladin Empty Woot!

Post  Vllmerices Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:52 pm

Pick this dude... Hes got my vote!
Vllmerices
Vllmerices

Back to top Go down

Post  Chrono41 Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:21 pm

Sorry i took long on answering, tried to get to the application pg but my comp would freeze and would not let me enter.

I just tried to post my UI screenshot and armory link again and it does not appear as well so i spaced it out and it came out in the preview so guess copy/paste without the spacing.

h t t p : / / i m g 1 7 1 . i m a g e s h a c k . u s / i / w o w s c r n s h o t 0 2 1 7 1 0 1 7 5 6 5 8 . j p g / (Screenshot UI)

h t t p : / / w w w . w o w a r m o r y . c o m / c h a r a c t e r - s h e e t . x m l ? r = E m e r a l d + D r e a m & c n = C h r % C 3 % B 3 n o (Armory Link)

Answering the questions Ash gave me:
1. If they no longer play, sites always provided me with a plan B that specifically mention gem selection, BiS gear, and overall tactics, as i did with Ulduar. Paladin's will be always around, just wanted to say, but i guess its a good point to think about if they all of a sudden vanished.

2. If i became one of the best, i think there wouldnt be any need to ask another holy paladin about them knowing their class, it would only be to ask where you get that piece of gear if i were interested in it.

3.If they are not online, i say again, i go to sites. Im the person that researches fights beforehand and dosent like to go into a fight and start asking, what do i do, and waste time that can be used to progress, down an encounter, distribute loot, and move on.

Chrono41

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:30 pm

Not exactly what I meant by the question, once you start out-gearing other paladins in game, and out playing them, you have to use sites (like you mentioned) to theorycraft with players who are even further progressed and have done the research on what is best per patch. You become the best by knowing your class better than the back of your hand.

What sites do you use to research gems/rotation/glyphs/talents/etc ?

Also your spaced screenshot link still doesnt work, comes up with a 404 error. You should probably read the other sticky in this forum.
Ash
Ash
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chrono41 Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:25 pm

sigh sry of the screenshot >.<, another best i can give atleast is i have made a video of a recent ICC10 and has the UI i have now. Add [ http:// ] at the beginning if it dosent work with just that link.
youtube.com/watch?v=43nLhAt7f68

Sites for research gems/rotation/glyphs/talents/etc: [ http:// ]
theholypaladin.com/frontpage.php - so far most effective
mmo-champion.com/class-paladin/the-3-3-pve-holy-paladin-guide/ - gives a good explanation of the 2 different builds
elitistjerks.com/f76/t84922-holy_paladin_compendium_3_3_a/ - basic strats for bosses

Chrono41

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:46 pm

+1 for Trance music in the video.

Good sites posted.

I suggest getting Quartz and getting a UI frames mod.

spell binds with low clicking

Aside from your healing spells, I saw a lot of clicking in that video. What are your keybinds?
Ash
Ash
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chrono41 Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:08 pm

Quartz and im guessing Xpearl will fit into the UI addon will be downloaded right away.

Most of the clicking in the vid were the spells Exorcism, Consecration, and Shield of Righteousness. My attack skills mostly arnt binded since i had focus more on binding healing spells. I dont see for example in a 25man to be attacking since more healing would be needing, which means less clicking.

The healing spells that i did click in the vid were Judgment of Light (which has been binded to F, binded it a few days later after that week), Beacon of Light, and Sacred Shield. as of right now, Beacon of Light and Sacred of Light are the only things i click, mostly because they are the spells that last the longest, but if they must be binded for good appeal, then they shall.

Key bindings i have right now are Cleanse, Flash of Light, Holy Light, Holy Shock, Divine Favor, and Lay on Hands. Also have binded in a macro my trinkets, Aura Mastery, Divine Illumination, and Avenging Wrath for when things go rough. (and newly added Judgement of Light)

Chrono41

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:21 pm

Looks good. Personally I hate xperl but it's all personal preference. Check out ag_unitframes & pitbull too if you like.
Ash
Ash
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chrono41 Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:15 pm

Alright, ill check those out as well. Any other question?

Chrono41

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:23 pm

Contact Ashuos in game Thursday evening.

Thanks for the application!
Ash
Ash
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down