Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Choowey 80 Hunter

2 posters

Go down

Choowey 80 Hunter Empty Choowey 80 Hunter

Post  Choowey Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:48 am

Character Name: Choowey

Your Age: 21

Class: Hunter

Level: 80

Talent Spec: Survival

Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Choowey

Professions: Skinning 450, Leatherworking 450

Post a link to a screenshot of your UI (prefer in raid combat): https://2img.net/h/i67.photobucket.com/albums/h281/jonmilkins/chooweyUI.jpg I prefer to use the standard WoW bars and stack my spells over the number bars, I've used this set up since the beginning of BC.

Post a link to a combat log parse for a recent raid you did (such as WOL/WMO/WWS): I don't have one of these, I just recently came back from afghanistan and the internet was @ 3k latency so any addons aside from DBM would kill it and make it unplayable.

Current Guild: Legend Of Neil (Random Alt Guild)

Previous Guild/s & Reason/s for leaving: Legend of Neil, alt guild no raiding had to resort to pugplug for all raids.

Why are you interested in joining Merciless: I am interested in joining Merciless because I want to have a constant raid group full of competent players and do the 10 man hard modes. I also would like to be in a raiding guild for the new Cataclysm content and have only heard good things about Merciless.

What do you think you will gain from joining Merciless: I think I will gain better playing skill from joining Merciless because there is always room to improve if you listen to criticism. I feel that if I join Merciless I will gain a lot of good friends in the guild and have a good time even when not raiding.

What do you think Merciless will gain from you joining: I think Merciless will gain a good player, and a good guildmate / friend. I am usually willing to Raid, PVP, help out alts.

Do you consider yourself guild oriented? Why?: I consider myself guild oriented because I like to play WoW with other people and having a guild allows you to have more people to play the game with. I dont mind just BS'ing in vent either.

Rank these in Order (Loot, Progression, Helping Others, Self, Friends): Progression, Friends, Helping Others, Loot, Self

List ALL of your Raiding Experiences: All WOTLK raids, 11/12 ICC10, 6/12 ICC25 (I know the fights, But was unable to raid 25mans while in afghanistan it would instant DC me due to lag issues so I am trying to catch back up with the achieves for 25man.)

On a scale of 1-10 how well do you know your class/spec (Be Honest): 8

Do you use your keyboard to turn? Do you use your mouse to click on your spells? I use my mouse to look around, and I use the numbers to hit the spells on my bar, but click certain spells.

Do you research your class? If so, how, and what resources do you use? I sometimes research my class when I have some free time or someone recommends something to me, and I check out elitest Jerks

Do you currently know anyone in Merciless: I've raided with Bulldoza in ICC10

Do you have Ventrilo / DeadlyBossMods / Omen / Microphone (If no mic what is preventing you from obtaining one?): I have Vent, I have DBM, Omen, Grid. I had a microphone, but its still packed up in my deployment boxes. I have my built in mic which is crappy but I am picking up a new mic this week.

Do you have an authenticator (either cellphone/ipod touch or the key fob) ? I don't have the authenticator yet, I wasn't sure if they would mail it overseas or not. It is on the list of things to buy.

List the start time and end time of your raid availability: Usually 5PM server until 1AM server on weekdays, on weekends I am not available usually due to other commiments.

Two people win the roll for the same piece of loot. Player A wins, but Player B will get a larger upgrade from the loot. Who do you think should get the item and why:

I understand Both views here, Ive been in situations where I was one of the two people. It was a larger upgrade for me, but i was 2nd in the rolls, Other person rolling had a minor upgrade but won the roll. He ended getting the loot because he won the roll. I agree with that in pugs, but in a guild I think it would better the guild to give it to the person who would have a big upgrade from the loot instead because it rounds the guild out and makes the guild better as a whole.

Choowey

Back to top Go down

Choowey 80 Hunter Empty Re: Choowey 80 Hunter

Post  Ash Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:59 am

I understand that you weren't able to play much, but your DPS would be too low for 25man raids. You're not stacking ARP gems yet, and you aren't itemizing for ARP even when you should be.

Skinning is no good, drop it for a crafting profession.

What keybinds do you use?
Ash
Ash
Admin

https://merciless.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Choowey Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:00 pm

Why, would I stack ARP gems? Have you seen the survival spec? Its based off AGI, you gain more agi and AP from stacking agi and do just as much DPS.

Also, Why would I drop skinning, The crit bonus from being maxed is worth it for a hunter. Not to mention I have pretty much every crafting skill on alts.

Keybinds, what does that even have to do with my class. Hardcore players don't need that stuff.

Choowey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:48 pm

Hardcore players don't click on their spells and abilities.

Skinning gives you crit, where as JC gives you more stats that you need. BS gives you more sockets, etc. You want 2 crafting professions on a main, no gathering.

Marksman does more damage than survival. I though you were Marks, so that's why I said ARP. Unless you can prove to me that surv does way more damage than an equally geared marks hunter, you're the wrong spec for raiding.
Ash
Ash
Admin

https://merciless.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down