Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coolhuip, Marksman Hunter

5 posters

Go down

Coolhuip, Marksman Hunter Empty Coolhuip, Marksman Hunter

Post  Coolhuip Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:23 pm

Character Name: Coolhuip

Your Age: 18

Class: Hunter

Level: 80

Talent Spec: 7/57/7

NOTICE: DELETE SPACES ON LINKS (Did not know how to link otherwise)

Armory Link: Currently not working since I just transferred, but WH seems to be working: ht tp://www.w ow-he roes.c om/index.php?zone=us&server=Emerald%20Dream&name=Coolhui p

Professions: 450 Alc/450 Herb. I am dropping both of these today and going JC/BS

Post a link to a screenshot of your UI (prefer in raid combat): htt p://i43.tin ypic.com/k9xik0.jp g

Post a link to a combat log parse for a recent raid you did (such as WOL/WMO/WWS): I only have a recount SS from Koralon (Yes fail dungeon, but all I have) htt p://i44.tiny pic.com/25zi2o5.jp g

Current Guild: N/A

Previous Guild/s & Reason/s for leaving: <The Catalyst>, left to transfer to Bleeding Hollow to join <Ebonlore> which was my guild in Age of Conan. Left The Catalyst because Ebonlore in AoC was very hardcore, organized, and was the best guild on the server. It seems you cannot get players like what we had in AoC, in WoW. I down-progressed considerably from TC to EL, since EL still doesn't have a full 25 man going. I tried to help progress and recruit new people, but I got way too frustrated with the skill of other players and incompetence they seemed to possess. I also did not like how we had to raid with the guild to do VoA and the weekly.

Why are you interested in joining Merciless: I love the rush you get from downing a boss after 100 wipes. I would like to join a guild that I think is on my own caliber.

What do you think you will gain from joining Merciless: I don't want to gain anything for myself except for the thrill of raiding. It's not about what I can gain, it's about what I can bring.

What do you think Merciless will gain from you joining: I know you will gain a skilled player who will be at almost every single raid. The type of player that will smash his face into the wall for hours to get a boss down.

Do you consider yourself guild oriented? Why?: I do consider myself guild oriented because I always think about what's best for the guild. For example, if we have multiple hunters of the same spec, and I could switch out 3 points to get imp mark for more overall dps from the other hunters, then I would respec. If then I needed to switch for even the next boss fight, I would go and respec again. Basically, it all depends on the overall benefit, not just what's best for yourself. I also donate things that the bank needs, such as fish etc.

Rank these in Order (Loot, Progression, Helping Others, Self, Friends): Progression, Friends, Helping Others, Loot, Self

List ALL of your Raiding Experiences:
Vanilla: MC, BWL, AQ40 (Up to C'thun), Naxx (Up to Four Horsemen), Ony, ZG, AQ20, all World Bosses
BC: Did not play much. Durr loves to tell the story how he PM'd me strats during a BT raid. I don't remember the bosses names.
WotLK: ICC10 10/12 (Sind @ 3%), ICC25 8/12, Sarth 3d 10/25, VoA 10/25. I just started playing about 2 and a half months ago.

On a scale of 1-10 how well do you know your class/spec (Be Honest): 11

Do you use your keyboard to turn? Do you use your mouse to click on your spells? I'm definitely not a keyboard turner. I don't even know how people play the game like that. I do click some spells, such as my DPS macro (all of my +AP spells), and rapid fire. Things like my mount, and aspects/traps (see the screenshot to see aspect/trap bar) I click.

Do you research your class? If so, how, and what resources do you use? Well I don't have to research much (played this character on and off since 2005), but when I came back to the game a few months ago I was left in the past. I now read ht tp://www.warcraft huntersunion.co m/ religiously.

Do you currently know anyone in Merciless: Durrlol

Do you have Ventrilo / DeadlyBossMods / Omen / Microphone (If no mic what is preventing you from obtaining one?): Yes on all counts.

List the start time and end time of your raid availability: Pretty much all day. I am waiting to go to community college currently and am not employed (lucky parents).

Two people win the roll for the same piece of loot. Player A wins, but Player B will get a larger upgrade from the loot. Who do you think should get the item and why: Well it also depends on the attendance of both players. Say if Player A is always there for progression but Player B decides he only wants loot from bosses we can kill. In that case, it should be given to Player A IMO because he's actually helping the guild more. If they are both there consistently, then of course Player B should win.

Coolhuip

Back to top Go down

Coolhuip, Marksman Hunter Empty Re: Coolhuip, Marksman Hunter

Post  Ash Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:48 pm

The type of player that will smash his face into the wall for hours to get a boss down.

Looks like me and you have something in common.

On a scale of 1-10 how well do you know your class/spec (Be Honest): 11

You got a lot of balls posting that lol. We'll see what some other guildies think of your choices. Looks fine for me atm.
Ash
Ash
Admin

https://merciless.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mytokendk Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:02 pm

You say you know your class as an 11.

If so then why are you an herbalist?

Mytokendk

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryukazai Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:13 pm

So from seeing what you have said about knowing about your class and spec, which you ranked as 11, your saying that you basically know everything about your class/spec and there is no room to learn more about it.
Ryukazai
Ryukazai

Back to top Go down

Post  Gruawl Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:23 pm

Hello are you also the Paladin, Coolwhip? Or something Rather close?
Gruawl
Gruawl

Back to top Go down

Post  Coolhuip Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:49 pm

I can't quote since I'm a guest, but I've been playing this character since 2005. I know how to play my class very well. I am an herbalist because pre-bc professions did not matter. I have only been playing the expansion for about 2 months. See warcraft realms: ht tp://www.warcraftr ealms.com/charsheet/117910440

Coolhuip

Back to top Go down

Post  Coolhuip Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:50 pm

No I am not the paladin.

Coolhuip

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:06 pm

your gemming seems to be a bit off from what i can see, if i toss you into my spreadsheet, it puts you as not efficiently using the deadly ametrine and placement of your tear to get the best socket bonuses to maximize agility.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mytokendk Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:34 pm

Coolhuip wrote:I can't quote since I'm a guest, but I've been playing this character since 2005. I know how to play my class very well. I am an herbalist because pre-bc professions did not matter. I have only been playing the expansion for about 2 months. See warcraft realms: ht tp://www.warcraftr ealms.com/charsheet/117910440

However they mattered in BC, and more so now.

2 months is not enough time to level up something useful?

Mytokendk

Back to top Go down

Post  durr Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:06 pm

[quote="Coolhuip"]

Professions: 450 Alc/450 Herb. I am dropping both of these today and going JC/BS

durr

Back to top Go down

Post  Coolhuip Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:13 pm

As I said I did not play much at ALL in BC. 2 Months ago I had full Swiftarrow...

My gemming is not off. The only thing that I *should* change is the socket in my boots do a +10 all stats, and put +20 agility in my cloak (which is a net gain of +2 agility).

Coolhuip

Back to top Go down

Post  Mytokendk Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:23 pm

Coolhuip wrote:As I said I did not play much at ALL in BC. 2 Months ago I had full Swiftarrow...

My gemming is not off. The only thing that I *should* change is the socket in my boots do a +10 all stats, and put +20 agility in my cloak (which is a net gain of +2 agility).

So.... you missed almost all of TBC and most of Lich King, and you know your class 11/10.

You've been back 2 months and haven't leveled a useful profession. You've missed the rise and fall of the BM spec, among many other things along the buff/nerf roller coaster.

I'm not questioning your ability (besides the profession choices) I'm questioning your claim of 11/10 while missing a few years.

Mytokendk

Back to top Go down

Post  Coolhuip Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:15 am

I guess all the great BM stuff I missed really reflects how well I play marksmanship now then. I don't understand your reasoning.

Alchemy does a total 6 less DPS than black smithing in a 25 man setting, and my JC is already at 426 as of right now.

To the post above a few up, I don't know what spreadsheet you use, but I use female dwarf. You're supposed to go 10agi/10crit gem when you have a red+yellow socket item with +6 or more agility.

Coolhuip

Back to top Go down

Post  Coolhuip Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:23 am

I would also like to point out that my character has nearly 200 days /played on it, 18 of those being at level 80. I don't understand how me saying my knowledge of the class itself is 11/10. I am up to date on everything.

Coolhuip

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:06 am

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck i have 132d played on my mage, and 137d played on my paladin. i need 200 to claim 11 eh? D:

also you earned 50 daily quests complete on 11/4/2008, random achievements in 2009, random achievements in 2010. But you've only been playing since pre-bc for 2 months eh?

Back to top Go down

Post  Coolhuip Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:20 am

I think you need to read the application my friend. I said I played during BC but not a lot. Hell I even said I went to BT with Durr. I did the daily quests in Skettis everyday to get the flying mount.

Is this a fucking application or not? I even looked at hunters in your guild, fuck even saw one with 53% ArP who is totally ArP gemmed except for his chest, ranged, and melee weapon.

I don't see other people claiming 11/10 getting flamed like I am. I don't know what the fuck I did to you people. I've had to defend myself this entire app, it's pretty humorous actually.

Coolhuip

Back to top Go down

Post  Coolhuip Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:21 am

I withdraw my app.

Coolhuip

Back to top Go down

Post  Mytokendk Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:25 am

We grill everyone who says they are a 10. You said 11.

If you were an herbalist in TBC then you weren't maximizing your potential. Hence why I asked.

Best of luck in your search.

Mytokendk

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:15 pm

We want the best of the best. We will barrage you with questions for every detail you post in your application. Sure, you probably do know your class as an 11/10, we're making 100% sure that you do. We've had a ton of apps since we've killed LK25, if you are getting extremely defensive over people asking questions to make sure that you are good and not just wanting an LK25 kill, I don't think you'd last long in here.

The other hunter you inspected was survival but is trying out marks. He's said it's not working for him yet due to the ARP.

Thanks for the app and good luck.
Ash
Ash
Admin

https://merciless.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down