Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

70 Resto Druid App.

2 posters

Go down

70 Resto Druid App. Empty 70 Resto Druid App.

Post  Imarasil Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:12 am

Character Name: Imarasil

Your Age: Twenty-Five

Class: Druid

Level: Seventy

Talent Spec: Restoration

Armory Link: WoW Armory: Imarasil

Professions: Enchanting/Herbalism (Originally Maxed Skinning and 325 LW, recently dropped, will have both maxed very soon, also have another 70 that is maxed Herbalism and Master Transmuter)

Current Guild: Plague Wind

Previous Guild/s & Reason/s for leaving: Due to dissension and other problems regarding new members and old members lacking motivation to raid and other inherently destructive criticism the guild flopped. I am now looking for a new guild to raid with and grow effectively

Why are you interested in joining Merciless: I've pugged a few groups with Merciless and have leveled with their members before and after they joined. I enjoy the crowd and atmosphere and as I do not randomly pick a guild to try to join or advertise my want of a raiding guild, I spend my time discovering the workings of a guild before deciding they could possibly be the right guild for me. I was also a regular pug member with Relentless, (GL Ashu), back in the day and I very much enjoyed that guild and as I understand this is the same GL.

What do you think you will gain from joining Merciless: I believe I will gain strong team mates as well as a consistent group of individuals that well help and encourage each other to better themselves in the game to achieve common goals. I'm also hoping to gain more 25 man experience as I've not had the liberty of joining a guild I liked that I felt comfortable dedicating my time to in order to progress to more end game raiding.

What do you think Merciless will gain from you joining: They will gain a strong and consistent healer that knows his class and role inside and out. Just because I am restoration does not mean I've not been feral or balance and do not have gear showing that I've progressed as all trees of a druids talents in order to completely understand my class. I simply prefer the healing power of a druid over balance or feral. They will also gain a loyal and friendly guild member that always keeps his promises and is always ready to lend a helping hand.

Do you consider yourself guild oriented and why: I do. As I've often dropped whatever farming/gold gaining/quests I was doing in order to assist any guild member in need. Albeit I'll not always drop my current involvements to power level say, somebody's alt, or a new guild member who seems to only spam that he needs to be leveled or run through an instance (not saying never, just saying its not anyone's top priority); my help leans more toward achieving goals for end game results or helping a guildie level their professions or perhaps even troubleshoot computer problems over chat or vent. And I always try to maintain peace and acceptance in the guild as a constant niveau of attitude.

Rank these in Order (Loot, Progression, Helping Others, Self, Friends): Friends, Helping Others, Progression, Self, Loot

Pre-BC/BC Raiding Experiences: All 5-man content, AQ 20, AQ 40, MC, Onyxia, Limited BWL experience, some Naxx, ZG, Kara, ZA, Magtheridon and Gruul's, very limited TK (A'lar)

Do you currently know anyone in Merciless: Wraithnplate

Do you have Ventrilo / DeadlyBossMods / Omen / GroupCalendar: All, except I use BigWigs instead of Deadly but I can switch if need be. I also have that tk add-on that turns the screen blue for that debuff. I can't remember anything about it as I've never had to use it.

List the start time and end time of your raid availability: During the weekday evenings from roughly 7pm to 12am, weekends usually from 6pm to 2am. Yet as I am taking on a new position at work my shifts will be changing bi-weekly and I'll have to determine my raid availability during the changes. They will not be drastic but they will limit me to likely only 2 days a week. Which I understand is the minimum. I like my available times but that does not imply I am always on every single day for those times. Those are simply the times I can make myself available to raid.

Two people win the roll for the same piece of loot. Player A wins, but Player B will get a larger upgrade from the loot. Who do you think should get the item and why:

Player B; the idea of a guild that progresses through endgame content together is their ability to be effective. If one player would receive a larger upgrade for an item his contribution would boost the group as a whole on a much larger scale than Player A; therefore Player B should receive it. Also, it would be in Player A's best interest to recognize this aspect and make the suggestion that Player B receives the loot as any member rolling on loot should be conscious of the other players that roll and their current gear and needs. Any neglect in these aspects does not constitute enough guild involvement and team play in my opinion. The only exception to this rule, to me, is the necessity of a main tank's prowess or a main healer. If Player B might receive a larger upgrade, but Player A is not too far behind in the size of that upgrade and Player A is the Main Tank or the Main Healer and the guild has noted that there is much struggling to keep the MT up because of lack of gear to either of these classes, it should be considered that they be bolstered. It is not always the measure to say Player B's personal upgrade as it is the measure of perhaps Player A's upgrade to the raid as a whole depending on their position in the raid group.

So either this question was not well defined enough to state the nature of the upgrade, or I am simply reading into it too much.

Imarasil

Back to top Go down

70 Resto Druid App. Empty Re: 70 Resto Druid App.

Post  Burduck Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:41 pm

Imarasil wrote:So either this question was not well defined enough to state the nature of the upgrade, or I am simply reading into it too much.

The question is actually a trap. ; )

Burduck

Back to top Go down