Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nightnurse Disc/Shadow Priest

3 posters

Go down

Nightnurse Disc/Shadow Priest Empty Nightnurse Disc/Shadow Priest

Post  Blake Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:50 pm

Character Name: Nightnurse

Your Age: 25

Class: Priest

Level: 80

Talent Spec: Currently PvE Disc but I can spec PvE shadow once I obtain more gear

Armory Link: wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Nightnurse

Professions: Tailoring and Enchanting

Post a link to a screenshot of your UI (prefer in raid combat): Don't have one available but I can tell you what addons I use. Quartz, Metahud, Xperl, Grid, Decursive, Dominos

Post a link to a combat log parse for a recent raid you did (such as WOL/WMO/WWS): Don't have one available sorry.

Current Guild: None

Previous Guild/s & Reason/s for leaving: Despise on Blood Furnace. Guild fell apart due to lack of members.

Why are you interested in joining Merciless: Met a few people from here that got me interested. I'd really like to kill the Lichking already and progression through hardmode ICC would be awesome.

What do you think you will gain from joining Merciless: PHAT LUTEZ! lulz, Just kidding. A good foundation to push myself further with smart, professional players.

What do you think Merciless will gain from you joining: A Dynamic player with plenty of raiding and pvp experience on not only a priest but other toons as well. I have five 80's and three toons over 70. I also come prepared with a positive attitude and good sense of humor, as well as flasks, food and reagents.

Do you consider yourself guild oriented? Why?: I really don't understand this question, but I will try to answer as best as possible. I work well with others. I'm also very loyal to whatever guild I chose to join. I don't stir up trouble and I'm fairly easy to get along with.

Rank these in Order (Loot, Progression, Helping Others, Self, Friends): Honestly this seems to be in the correct order, although loot and progression are kind of at a stalemate. Without loot there is no progression and vise versa.

List ALL of your Raiding Experiences: MC, BWL, ONXYIA, ZG, AQ, KARA, SSC, ZA, BT, OS, NAXX, EOE, ULDUAR, VOA, ICC. Please take into consideration that this list doesn't mean full clear or solely on this toon.

On a scale of 1-10 how well do you know your class/spec (Be Honest): 11 Seriously I think I was born to play a priest.

Do you use your keyboard to turn? Do you use your mouse to click on your spells? OH HELL NO! This is probably my favorite question and a major reason why I really want to join this guild. I had a suggestion though. You should add "Do you backpeddle? and why?" I think that would fit in nicely. Razz

Do you research your class? If so, how, and what resources do you use? God I want to be a smartass on this question with something like "Yeah I go in /trade and ask questions about my class". Anyway I've checked the forums on EJ, Wowwiki, Wowhead, and the Wow website. Really all you need is EJ but I like to cross references.

Do you currently know anyone in Merciless: Just met a few of you guys today actually.

Do you have Ventrilo / DeadlyBossMods / Omen / Microphone (If no mic what is preventing you from obtaining one?): I have ventrilo and a Mic. I dont have DBM or Omen, honestly never found any need for it. Someone usually has DBM on in raid chat anyway. As for Omen my Xperl alerts me if I pull threat, again just don't see the point of it. If you demand that I download it I will but I never had any problems without them.

List the start time and end time of your raid availability: 6pm server to about 12am depending on the day of the week.

Two people win the roll for the same piece of loot. Player A wins, but Player B will get a larger upgrade from the loot. Who do you think should get the item and why: Me, because Im an enchanter. Obviously the player that will
benefit from it more. This seems like a trick question though. If player B doesn's show up much, or is not part of the core it might be better to give it to player A.

Blake

Back to top Go down

Nightnurse Disc/Shadow Priest Empty Re: Nightnurse Disc/Shadow Priest

Post  Goochbooch Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:35 pm

log out in pve gearsz!

Goochbooch

Back to top Go down

Post  archgoat Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:25 pm

its okay, ash is in love so.. haha
archgoat
archgoat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:24 am

even though DBM announces in raid, having timers with an actual countdown is critical for alot of hard mode fights tbh. If you dont like DBM, theres always Deus Vox Encounters or BigWigs you could try

still in pvp gear so cant comment on gems or such but play with a frost mage in 2s. SHADOWSHATTER IS AMAZING Very Happy

disc specc seems solid except for the 3 points in improved renew, i always thought the little bit extra casting time reduction for GHeal in emergency situations is better than imp renew. Also Holy Nova may be better than Flash Heal for glyphs because of how useful that spell becomes when glyphed. makes the spell amazing for situations like when everyone's grouped for Valkyrs like LK or grouping for Festergut under a spore.

cant comment on shadow since its a pvp specc.

Last edited by silektro on Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:25 am

DBM & Omen are required to raid. Reading something go off in raid chat in the bottom corner of your screen < reading a timer so you know it BEFORE it happens in the middle of your screen.

In regards to your ranking of items, do you feel that this game is all about loot and not team work? Are you gear oriented more than you about playing with others who enjoy a good time?
Ash
Ash
Admin

https://merciless.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Blake Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:13 pm

First of all thanks to all of you that responded to my application. About the PvP gear, power went out last night and I wasn't able to log out correctly. It's been taken care of.

Moving on about my spec and glyph choice.
"i always thought the little bit extra casting time reduction for GHeal in emergency situations is better than imp renew" - silektro.
Ok for starters disc priests should NEVER use GH, ever, end of story. You're welcome to prove me wrong. Secondly, I would never use renew for an "emergency situation" either. For an actual emergency I have cooldowns such as pain supression, power infusion, inner focus, and divine hymm. Not to mention I have talents that increase the crit of my FH by 10% when any friendly target is at or below 50% HP. With that being said I think it's clear why I use the glyph of FH. When penance is on cooldown FH is my next best option. Honestly, I hardly ever use holy nova in a raid and see no point to glyph for it. It's better for holy in conjuntion with talents that increase the range and the healing done. Anyway, I hope I don't sound like a dick when I say this, but next time you should do your homework before you try to correct me. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind constructive criticism, but it better be from someone who knows what they're talking about.

As for DBM and Omen.
I just wanted to be honest with you guys. I don't use it, but downloading it would not be a problem if I was to join the guild.

Rank these in Order (Loot, Progression, Helping Others, Self, Friends)
This task really does confuse me. I think the guild wants progression over anything, but in order to progress you need gear. They go hand and hand. Helping others is good but they need to help themselves too. Friends can keep morale high. Self preservation is fundamental. Honestly, It's hard for me to rank them. Please don't think I'm some single minded player only concerned with gear. In fact, I have passed on loot many times in the past. That's the reason why I don't have a PvE weapon. If I know a certain loot would help someone out more than me, and hes not a dirtbag I will pass so he can get it. Hopefully this has cleared up any doubts you might have about me. Again, thank you for taking the time to review my application.

Blake

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:19 pm

btw i just got my information from Thessaly, my guild master for 2 years until recently joining merciless this last month. She said she rather have that cast time reduction than improved renew. What do i know though holy paladin is my class i spam my big heal constantly not my fast heal Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post  Blake Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:55 pm

Well I asked in trade chat and some random level 47 priest told me the truth. Anyway, just teasing. On EJ it says disc should spec into 5/5 spell warding and no points in imp renew, or divine fury. I could care less about my personal mitigation. I prefer more healing output.

FH > GH
I can spam FH twice for the less mana than one GH. Thats two chances my heal can crit, and more crits mean more mitigation through talents. Keep in mind two FH's heal for the same amount as one GH.
If someone wants to use GH as disc more power to them. I'm not gonna bother with it. I know its bad and consumes more mana. It is just perference.
I think you fail to understand penance is my main heal. When penance is on cooldown I spam FH to fill in the gap. Bottom line is GH just isn't that great for disc.

Imp Renew Vs Divine fury
Renew is the only HoT priests get.
It's not a waste of talent points to bolster its power given the other choices.
If you don't use GH why not improve your HoT?

Also do not compare disc to a hpally please...

Again I hope I don't come off as a jerk. I just find your comments insulting to my intelligence.

Blake

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:56 pm

Get online noob!
Ash
Ash
Admin

https://merciless.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  archgoat Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:14 pm

no uuuu
archgoat
archgoat

Back to top Go down

Post  Goochbooch Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:30 pm

no..... u

Goochbooch

Back to top Go down

Post  archgoat Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:34 pm

shush woman
archgoat
archgoat

Back to top Go down

Post  Goochbooch Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:39 pm

no, ill be back tomorrow to play wowz i r excited, 25 uld HM's on sat hopefully

Goochbooch

Back to top Go down

Post  archgoat Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:43 pm

OH FUCK i forgot about that!!!
archgoat
archgoat

Back to top Go down

Post  Goochbooch Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:51 pm

hahha

Goochbooch

Back to top Go down

Post  archgoat Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:58 pm

i got bitched at for trolling the app forums.. lets move this to general gooch. lol
archgoat
archgoat

Back to top Go down

Post  Goochbooch Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:22 pm

haha ok troll troll trolll

Goochbooch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down