Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kaphor - App - Surv Hunter

3 posters

Go down

Kaphor - App - Surv Hunter Empty Kaphor - App - Surv Hunter

Post  Kaphor Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:31 pm

Character Name:Kaphor

Your Age:18

Class:Hunter

Level:80

Talent Spec:Survival

Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Kaphor

Professions: Skinning/Eng

Post a link to a screenshot of your UI (prefer in raid combat): https://2img.net/h/oi42.tinypic.com/vif8mc.jpg

Post a link to a combat log parse for a recent raid you did (such as WOL/WMO/WWS): No log =( but here's a recount after Lord Marrowgar on 10 Regular. https://2img.net/h/oi44.tinypic.com/5fhn5h.jpg

Current Guild: Rise of Legends

Previous Guild/s & Reason/s for leaving: My friends that I enjoyed raiding with left.

Why are you interested in joining Merciless: Two really good friends of mine in real life joined a while back and I have spectated over their shoulders at your raids, they are very well organized and well led, so I would like to take part in this.

What do you think you will gain from joining Merciless: Raid knowledge (in addition to what I know now), future nights of raiding. =)

What do you think Merciless will gain from you joining: 10 raid members mana regeneration equal up to 1% of the maximum mana per 5 seconds.

Do you consider yourself guild oriented? Why?: Yes, I do enjoy conversing in /g and getting to know other members.

Rank these in Order (Loot, Progression, Helping Others, Self, Friends): Helping Others, Progression, Friends, Loot, Self

List ALL of your Raiding Experiences:All of WoTLK up to now.

On a scale of 1-10 how well do you know your class/spec (Be Honest): 9, I don't wanna say I do know it all.

Do you use your keyboard to turn? Do you use your mouse to click on your spells? [W][A][S][D] <-move like this [1][2][3][4][5][6][7] <-use those keys to attack

Do you research your class? If so, how, and what resources do you use? I check Elitest Jerks and Hunters Union at least 3 times a month.

Do you currently know anyone in Merciless: Aurethia and Convertabull

Do you have Ventrilo / DeadlyBossMods / Omen / Microphone (If no mic what is preventing you from obtaining one?): Vent, DBM, Omen, Microphone -Checkmark Gottem all! =)

List the start time and end time of your raid availability:7pm st - 12pm st

Two people win the roll for the same piece of loot. Player A wins, but Player B will get a larger upgrade from the loot. Who do you think should get the item and why: Player A, unless player B is a guildie and is planning to raid the following week.

Kaphor

Back to top Go down

Kaphor - App - Surv Hunter Empty Re: Kaphor - App - Surv Hunter

Post  Mytokendk Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:44 pm

As a DPS class why did you chose a gathering profession instead of 2 crafting ones?

Why did you chose your particular gear? You are way over hit cap.

Why are you using Scourgebane?

You said you've done everything in this expansion, yet you haven't killed Yogg. Why the discrepancy? Same question for Val'kyr Twins Heroic, Valithria Dreamwalker, Professor Putricide and Sindragosa?

Why do you have 2 points in Go for The Throat? Your crit is through the roof.

How come you don't have Aimed Shot?

Mytokendk

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:17 pm

Why do you use your keyboard to turn?

Why don't you have any keybinds?

Why are your survival instead of Marks?

By saying you can raid 7-12pm ST are you only going to log on for raids and that's it?

Spriests, and ret paladins give replenishment, we're not gaining anything by having you in our 25man with it. What else do you bring to the table? It can be anything...
Ash
Ash
Admin

https://merciless.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:50 pm

also in continuation with the questions,

How did you choose where to put your nightmare tear?

Do you not use the Deadly Ametrine (10 AGI, 10 Crit) gem for a certain reason? From my knowledge you can use that gem to pick up socket bonuses in certain situations including where you want to get your nightmare tear?

Do you use rawr or a spreadsheet, pretty sure hunters have one of the best spreadsheets for dps classes and its considered the best way to maximize hunter dps ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Crisscross Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:02 am

With your crit, definitely should opt for 1/2 GftT and toss it into Aimed Shot (since AS benefits from Sniper Training and is usable on the move unlike Multi-Shot).
I'll assume you use Armaros as your pet for raiding.

In response to the hit rating, I understand. The gear has a crap-ton hit rating on it and there's nothing we can really do about it. I know you're not gemming/enchanting for hit haha (seriously I had 13-14% hit rating from gear alone until gear started dropping and I could replace those awful hit pieces), it'll just take time and a little luck. The upside of having all the hit gear already is that it leaves you to switch gear around while safely staying at the hit cap.

After lookin at the sockets you have available to you, the only viable option if you want to keep stacking agility in every socket is to put the Nightmare Tear in your staff.

Armory is showing you only have skinning as a profession. If it's a bug and you are an Engineer too, why didn't you get the parachute enchant (it has more agility)?
Crisscross
Crisscross

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaphor Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:02 am

As a DPS class why did you chose a gathering profession instead of 2 crafting ones? Skinning for more Crit, and Arctic Furs are nice.

Why did you chose your particular gear? You are way over hit cap. The hunter crit cap is 104%

Why are you using Scourgebane? Its the best enchant for ICC.

You said you've done everything in this expansion, yet you haven't killed Yogg. Why the discrepancy? Same question for Val'kyr Twins Heroic, Valithria Dreamwalker, Professor Putricide and Sindragosa? Sorry for the unclarity, forgot to mention I took a break when Ulduar came out.

Why do you have 2 points in Go for The Throat? Your crit is through the roof.
Its not crit cap though.

How come you don't have Aimed Shot? Multi Shot for the win?

Why do you use your keyboard to turn? Well I don't use them to turn I use them to move and strafe, I use my right click to turn.

Why don't you have any keybinds? I do, alot.

Why are your survival instead of Marks? Survival is what I enjoy, I'd probably change when I get Deathbringers Will, but for now I really enjoy Survival.

By saying you can raid 7-12pm ST are you only going to log on for raids and that's it? Well no, I play sometimes in the day doing dailies, pvp, and odd end achievements.

How did you choose where to put your nightmare tear? I put it there because I only use 2 different gems to maximize my DPS.

Do you not use the Deadly Ametrine (10 AGI, 10 Crit) gem for a certain reason? From my knowledge you can use that gem to pick up socket bonuses in certain situations including where you want to get your nightmare tear? Agi scales better for Survival

Do you use rawr or a spreadsheet, pretty sure hunters have one of the best spreadsheets for dps classes and its considered the best way to maximize hunter dps ?
Rawr tried telling me to gem all screwed up like, i've checked it recently and it said to go all Delicate Cardinal Rubies.

and I'm leveling my Engineering now. Sorry to put it in there when its not max.

Thanks for the post, i'll work on my spec now. =)

Kaphor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaphor Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:18 am

I've respec'd and looking into the yellow / red gems .

Kaphor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mytokendk Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:36 pm

2 points in Go for the throat was overkill in Naxx gear.

Scourgebane does not add AP to your pet. Are you sure its better?

What spreadsheet/calculations did you use to determine the crit from skinning is the way to maximize your dps? Was it "The Hunter Spreadsheet" BTW you can find it at www.tkasomething.com

The reason why I asked about Aimed shot is, you can use it while on the move.

What's your source about 104% hit cap? Before I switched from my hunter it was 8%.

How long will it take you to level engineering?

Mytokendk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:15 pm

i didnt even look at your specc tbh and wow, trying not to be mean but you kinda miss some key items in the tree, one of the best parts of survival is that you have thrill of the hunt and hunting party to replenish your mana compared to marks who can be mana starved at some times.

Your specc should be

3/3 Resourcefulness
3/3 Thrill of the Hunt
2/3 Hunting Party (hunting party also increases agility, not just gives replenishment)'

Also you should pick up aimed shot since in the event you have to move when its time to multi shot, you wont be able to because of its .55 second or whatever small period of time the cast is

Also Marks isn't armor pen dependent, well it is but you dont need to have cap and have to gem full arp to be successful. On average when i'm survival compared to being marks on my hunter, i do about 2000 dps less, and whats sad is the rotation is even easier for marks since you arent relying on lock and load, just hitting your rotation.

also http://elitistjerks.com/f74/t30710-wotlk_dps_spreadsheet/ is the spreadsheet i depend upon as a hunter

Last edited by silektro on Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaphor Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:16 pm

Scourgebane does not add AP to your pet. Are you sure its better? For ICC every hunter should have the enchant.

What spreadsheet/calculations did you use to determine the crit from skinning is the way to maximize your dps? Was it "The Hunter Spreadsheet" BTW you can find it at
Hrmm... Not sure there, I don't really use spreadsheets I usually base my gear on maxdps.com

The reason why I asked about Aimed shot is, you can use it while on the move.
Thats a good point but I prefer to save the mana cost to use Steady Shot more since the damage is close.

What's your source about 104% hit cap? Before I switched from my hunter it was 8%.
I said crit cap, the hit cap is 8% I know, I read that part wrong, had just woke up =P

How long will it take you to level engineering? Not that long, I have the gold to AH it up.

Kaphor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaphor Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:18 pm

Silektro, I just looked over my spec this morning i'm constantly changing it up based on ideas I get from other hunters.

Kaphor

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:38 pm

A lot of fights in ICC require moving for many things, so if you are looking to get more damage from steady shot, you're probably going to lose DPS instead from all of the moving. I'd suggest taking it.

If you are changing your spec based on ideas from other hunters, you should rather change them based on the hunters from elitistjerks.com who use the spreadsheets and other tools for theorycrafting to come up with the best possible spec/gems/glyphs/enchants/etc. Asking other hunters who don't look at that or have ideas of their own is ok, but not always the best solution since they are probably off about a few things.

What kind of DPS do you do on Festergut 25? Marrowgar 25? We have 1 survival hunter right now and I'd like to compare DPS.
Ash
Ash
Admin

https://merciless.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaphor Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:53 pm

I don't have a fair estimate to give you. However I will look over my spec again ( Currently its the latest off Shandra's DPS Spreadsheet )

Kaphor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down