Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acrapte lvl 80 Hunter

3 posters

Go down

Acrapte lvl 80 Hunter Empty Acrapte lvl 80 Hunter

Post  Acrapte Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:31 pm

Character Name: Acrapte aka "Crappy"
Your Age: 14
Class: Hunter
Level: 80
Talent Spec: MM/Surv (MM for 25 mans, Surv for 10/heroics)

Armory Link: wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Acrapte
For the link, put www. in front, because for some reason it won't put it there otherwise

Professions: Engineering/Mining (Soon to be Engineering/Jewelcrafting. I want to stock up on leveling materials to reduce the cost of leveling JC). I find the tools of Engineering to be far more valuable than a few extra points of agi or ap. Being able to use rocket boots when you are in a bad spot at the wrong time, preventing a possible wipe, or making healer's life easier is far more valuable than a couple extra points of dps.
Post a link to a screenshot of your UI (prefer in raid combat): I'll try to get one up in a bit
Post a link to a combat log parse for a recent raid you did (such as WOL/WMO/WWS): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9myxyj8thmph5pjm/

Current Guild: Nightstalkers JV squad
Previous Guild/s & Reason/s for leaving: Nightstalkers main squad/JV (Junior Varsity) squad

From May until late August, I was a member of Nightstalkers' core raiding squad. I was present for the guild's first Yogg-saron 25 completion. As school came around, Ulduar progression was coming to a close. ToC had been released 2 weeks prior, and bosses were still being released. The two first bosses were jokes, and I decided I needed to get school straightened out, and that life came first, and I left the guild. Unfortuneately, school was easier than I expected, and I rejoined the guild in late November. The main squad by this time was full, and had no room for my now "undergeared" toon. I joined the guild's "JV" (Junior Varsity, as stated above) squad. This group was not nearly as solid as the main group, and to be honest, about half the group was an embarrassment to the guild's name. We tried to raid three nights a week, but unfortuneately, every Wednesday and Thursday, some lazy asses decided they were better than us and didn't show. I was one of the few who didn't miss a single night without two weeks prior notice, (because of a school project.) Raiding one night a week was more of a hinderance, than an asset to the guild. Yesterday, Defenestrate, our guild leader, disbanded the JV squad. The best of our group is looking for a home in a new raiding guild.

Why are you interested in joining Merciless: As I am sure you are aware, Merciless is an outstanding raiding guild, and I love to raid.

What do you think you will gain from joining Merciless: I will gain a group of like-minded players focused on having a good time, and progressing through end-game content, and hopefully more than a few friends that will be fun to hang around with.

What do you think Merciless will gain from you joining: A competent raider, who knows how to deal with all raid mechanics (Fire, Malleable Goo, Ice blocks, keeping orbs up on blood princes, etc.) You name it, I can do it.

Do you consider yourself guild oriented? Why?: I do. One of the main reasons I still play WoW is because of the guilds I have been in. Most of my time is spent talking to friends in guild, helping others with what they need, etc.

Rank these in Order (Loot, Progression, Helping Others, Self, Friends):
Friends - I play this game to have fun, and be with friends
Helping Others - You cant progress in raids unless everyone is a good mood/geared etc.
Progression - The most fun part of the game. I still remember the first time Nightstalkers downed Yogg-saron 25, and boy did it feel good.
Self
Loot - Loot is great and all, but ultimately its about having fun

List ALL of your Raiding Experiences:
All of this was accomplished when it was the latest tier of content, unless noted otherwise:
Naxx 10/25
OS 3-drake roflzerg (more recently, not when it was still challenging)
Voa 10/25
Malygos 10/25
Ulduar 10 (when it was latest tier, up to Mimiron)
Ulduar 10 Hard Modes - Have Rusted Proto-drake (completed recently)
Ulduar 25 (Yogg down)
ToC 10
ToC 25
ToGC 10 (Mad Skill)
ICC 10 (Cleared through Sindragosa (downed))
ICC 25 (Cleared up to Putricide - people never showed up afterwards)

On a scale of 1-10 how well do you know your class/spec (Be Honest): Survival: 10/10, MM: 9/10. I have been working on getting my Armor Penetration up, to make MM more optimal. As is, If I gemmed ArP I would have only 61% or so Armor Pen, which is not worth gemming over my current Agility gems. When I build up enough ArP gear to make gemming equal over 70% ArP, I plan to switch to all ArP gems.

Do you use your keyboard to turn? Do you use your mouse to click on your spells?
Unfortuneately, I admit to being a clicker. I generally use my mouse to turn, then switch to keyboard to run. I click my spells, but use keybindings for some things like Feign Death, cooldowns, etc. My guild didn't know it until I had announced it to the guild one night, and shocked everyone. I have mastered disengage for things like Sindragosa "pull ins" etc. I use Misdirect Macros for ease when MDing.

Do you research your class? If so, how, and what resources do you use?
Yes. I use Elitist Jerks as my primary source, but mostly talk to other hunters in guild. I find testing first-hand to be more efficient than what some people I don't even know I had to say.

Do you currently know anyone in Merciless:
Unfortuneately, I do not.

Do you have Ventrilo / DeadlyBossMods / Omen / Microphone (If no mic what is preventing you from obtaining one?):
I use all of the above.

List the start time and end time of your raid availability:
Server time:
Sunday: All day
Monday: 7-11
Tuesday: 7-11
Wednesday: 7-11
Thursday: 7-11
Friday: 7-Whenever i feel like going to bed
Saturday: 1 p.m.-???

Two people win the roll for the same piece of loot. Player A wins, but Player B will get a larger upgrade from the loot. Who do you think should get the item and why:
Personally, I really like loot council, which takes many things into account, not just upgrade vs. roll. With the given information, and nothing more, I would give the loot to player B. In a real situation, we would have more information, such as which is the better player, who shows up to raids more often, etc. If player A showed up every day, was a top dps consistantly, and Player B showed up about 90% of the time, but missed the occasional raid, did lower dps, and sometimes got hit by shit they shouldnt, I might give it to Player A.

Acrapte

Back to top Go down

Acrapte lvl 80 Hunter Empty Re: Acrapte lvl 80 Hunter

Post  Crisscross Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:42 pm

mmm... oh i know the pain of leveling JC xD
you think it's bad that you are a clicker? you shouldve heard people when i told them i hadn't played with a mouse for a year (for both pve and pvp lol) and for the record i do have a mouse now lol

your raid times: are you able to get on before 7, because that's usually when we all get going (invites go out before 7 of course)
Crisscross
Crisscross

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:35 am

What do you think Merciless will gain from you joining: A competent raider, who knows how to deal with all raid mechanics (Fire, Malleable Goo, Ice blocks, keeping orbs up on blood princes, etc.) You name it, I can do it.

HAVE MY BABIES. NAO!

Great application, it's funny to see a 14 year old put more effort than some who are 21+.

Your gear, spec, gems, enchants seem fine to me, not sure how Crisscross/Ralleo/Ryu would feel.

At this time, however, we are pretty full up on all classes except that elusive Restoboomkin. You would be seeing a lot of bench time, but contact Ashuos or Laidycane in game and maybe we can work something out.

Thanks!
Ash
Ash
Admin

https://merciless.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Crisscross Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:52 pm

everything looks fine.
the floater point in imp arcane shot bugs me
but im not MM so ralleo would probably be better to judge haha
Crisscross
Crisscross

Back to top Go down

Post  faeroeda Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:11 pm

Acrapte wrote:
Do you currently know anyone in Merciless:
Unfortuneately, I do not.

Actually .. you do homie!

This is Lohrak .. nice to see you around again .. haven't raided with you in like forever .. but you played a mean hunter back in Naxx Smile
faeroeda
faeroeda

Back to top Go down

Post  defenest Wed May 05, 2010 8:17 am

If I may throw this out there: Acrapte is a great player. You'll find that very few people in your guild will have the dedication and drive to raid that he does. While his gear is slightly behind at this point, it will certainly be worth your while to gear him. If at some point in the near future you have an opening for a hunter, he'd be a great choice.

defenest

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 07, 2010 4:58 pm

this is a really old application... we dont even come around these parts no more

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down