Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xiojade, 80 combat rogue

4 posters

Go down

Xiojade, 80 combat rogue Empty Xiojade, 80 combat rogue

Post  xiojade Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:19 pm

Character Name: Xiojade

Your Age: 30

Class: Rogue

Level: 80

Talent Spec: 20/51/0

Armory Link: wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Xiojade

Professions: 439 JC, 450 LW

Post a link to a screenshot of your UI (prefer in raid combat): I'm sitting in Orgrimmar now, so I'm just gonna post a shot from there. Only thing additional that you'd see in a raid would be buffs up at the top right under the location, and SCTD throwing damage and healing numbers all over the screen...

i24.photobucket.com/albums/c18/sindraod/dummy.jpg

Post a link to a combat log parse for a recent raid you did (such as WOL/WMO/WWS): Haven't been in a guild so I don't have a parse. Think I did ok in that ICC 10 the other night. Dunno if Ash remembers my dps or not...

Current Guild: None

Previous Guild/s & Reason/s for leaving: Most recently Addiction. I left back in August 2009 b/c my PC was horribly outdated (like 10-12 fps in 25 raids, at most). Just built a new PC two months ago. I get 90+ now, on average.

Why are you interested in joining Merciless: I like Ash's raid-leading style, and the fact that you guys have longevity on the server. You've quietly become a really good guild over the past couple of years.

What do you think you will gain from joining Merciless: I hope just players who play like me and like to kill things. Then see new things. Then kill those new things.

What do you think Merciless will gain from you joining: An above-average player who makes raids and doesn't act like a jackass. I'm a pretty chill guy. I just like killing big monsters.

Do you consider yourself guild oriented? Why?: I do. I don't miss raids, nor stay in guilds that I don't feel apart of. I'm pretty picky. See my answer to the "helping guildies" part of the next question. That pretty much sums up how I feel about that.

Rank these in Order (Loot, Progression, Helping Others, Self, Friends): I think Progression/friends are a tie for me in a raid environment. If you have players that get together only to raid, it doesn't feel right. Behind those two, Helping guildies is more of an obligation (if you don't want to help your guildies out, you probably shouldn't be in that guild). Then loot, which is more a by-product of progression.

List ALL of your Raiding Experiences:
BC: All of SSC/TK, Illidan post-nerf, Sunwell to Brutallus
WotLK: TOC 10/25, Two bosses each in TOGC 10/25 (not really PUG-friendly), 8/12 ICC 10 (minus BQ, BPC, Sind, LK), 8/12 ICC 25 (minus BQ, PP, Sind, LK)

On a scale of 1-10 how well do you know your class/spec (Be Honest): Probably 8. I know quite a bit, but I don't know quite a bit, also Wink

Do you use your keyboard to turn? Do you use your mouse to click on your spells? Nope

Do you research your class? If so, how, and what resources do you use? I lurk on the EJ and MMO-Champion forums for rogue-specific boss strategies and cycle maximization techniques.

Do you currently know anyone in Merciless: I've run with a few of you recently. Other than that, nope Sad

Do you have Ventrilo / DeadlyBossMods / Omen / Microphone?: I do.

List the start time and end time of your raid availability: Anytime after about 4 server Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun... Mondays and Wednesdays I have class until 8:30 server (until mid-May).

Two people win the roll for the same piece of loot. Player A wins, but Player B will get a larger upgrade from the loot. Who do you think should get the item and why: Player B, definitely. Raids are all about raid DPS, so if you can get a bigger raid dps percentage increase from Player B getting that loot, then that's what oughtta happen.
xiojade
xiojade

Back to top Go down

Xiojade, 80 combat rogue Empty Re: Xiojade, 80 combat rogue

Post  Ash Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:39 pm

You did good in our ICC10, I don't remember your damage much but I'm sure it would be higher in a 25man setting.

I like Ash's raid-leading style

I'm 10x worse in a guild raid. I curse worse than a trucker and I call people out on stupid mistakes. If you can't handle harsh criticism you may not enjoy the guild raids.
Ash
Ash
Admin

https://merciless.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  xiojade Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:15 pm

Ash wrote:I'm 10x worse in a guild raid. I curse worse than a trucker and I call people out on stupid mistakes. If you can't handle harsh criticism you may not enjoy the guild raids.

Addiction raids got pretty, ummm, intense at times Wink
if you don't call players out, you don't fix what's wrong. i agree, though, that raiders who take criticism as an attack probably don't want to be part of a progression guild...
xiojade
xiojade

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:28 pm

Very true.

Contact me in game tomorrow or tuesday when you get a chance, we'll try and work something out.

Thanks for your application.
Ash
Ash
Admin

https://merciless.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gruawl Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:47 pm

Theres a difference between harsh criticism and mercilessly berating your members without even knowing what happened.
Gruawl
Gruawl

Back to top Go down

Post  xiojade Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:51 pm

Gruawl wrote:Theres a difference between harsh criticism and mercilessly berating your members without even knowing what happened.

exactly. that's the difference between progression guilds that progress and those that don't... Twisted Evil
xiojade
xiojade

Back to top Go down

Post  archgoat Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:23 am

I remember you.... from the mounnnnttaaaiiinnnn.
He would be good to replace our rogue that we got, that hasnt been on in 2 weeks Razz
archgoat
archgoat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down