Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

darksing - assassination rogue

2 posters

Go down

darksing - assassination rogue Empty darksing - assassination rogue

Post  pkn036 Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:40 am

Character Name: Darksing - night elf, will probably be undead or blood elf if race change.

Your Age: 22

Class: rogue

Level: 80

Talent Spec: Assassination

Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=darksing

Professions: JC/Engineering

Post a link to a screenshot of your UI (prefer in raid combat): I do not have a picture of my UI at this time. However its the default UI. No special addon changes. As a dps, i feel that its not a big necessity to get frame addons, so i use the blizzard frames.

Post a link to a combat log parse for a recent raid you did (such as WOL/WMO/WWS):
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9errixt9rg4fcgks/sum/damageDone/?s=3584&e=3836

Current Guild: Absolute

Previous Guild/s & Reason/s for leaving: Times are tough with Wrath drawing to an end, and burnout occurs. We've lost almost half of our original togc core raiders to rage, schedule conflicts, burnout. We've been cancelling many raids over the course of icc25, so our progression has come to a complete stop. I wish to continue raiding and finish off Wrath by downing the lich king.

Why are you interested in joining Merciless: Merciless is an established horde guild. You guys work hard on progressing through raids, and it shows (you always beat absolute on downing bosses...). It would be a fresh start for me, to be a horde character, something i've never been, and have always wanted.

What do you think you will gain from joining Merciless: Honestly, personal gain is beyond me now. I've wanted loot to myself before, as we all tend to feel, but my biggest gain is helping a guild in anyway i can to progress through content.

What do you think Merciless will gain from you joining: Smart player. I know my class inside and out, top to bottom. I read forums from elitist jerks and Ensidia to maximize my dps output. I familiarize myself with other classes and the roles they play in each fight, so my raid awareness is always on, not just on myself, but my fellow raiders as well. If i see something that they shouldn't be doing, i.e. kiting boss issues, attacking slimes and gases before targets are pick, i'll let them know to prevent any future deaths.

Do you consider yourself guild oriented? Why?: I'm all about having a good time with guildmates. In my wow career, i've only been in 3 guilds; all long term 1+ year at least. I've left them for my own personal reason, but i've stayed with them for long periods of time because of the people i've met. They are what makes WoW such a great game.

Rank these in Order (Loot, Progression, Helping Others, Self, Friends):
Self, loot, progression, helping others, friend.
j/k. reverse the order.

List ALL of your Raiding Experiences:
Vanilla: Worst rogue. raiding Zul...and a bit of MC.
Burning Crusade: Got better, raiding all content up to sunwell on my rogue. Finished off sunwell on my spriest.
Wrath: Cleared Naxx25, Eye25, OS3D25, Ulduar25 - Algalon. Toc25, ToGC25 4/5 (anub to phase 3), and 7/12 Icc25.

On a scale of 1-10 how well do you know your class/spec (Be Honest): 10. I read forums, spreadsheet, discuss roguey with other fellow rogues. I'm aware of the capabilities my rogue can dish out, and strive to be a top Rogue on emerald dream, though luck on gear is bleh.

Do you use your keyboard to turn? Do you use your mouse to click on your spells?
Face to keyboard.
All my spells are keybind to the letters around the wsad keys so i never have to click anything.

Do you research your class? If so, how, and what resources do you use?
I use spreadsheets at times, but mostly spend time reading Elitist jerks forums, and ensidia forums. Ensidia forums is helpful with discussions on rogue changes, gear, talents etc. Elitist jerks tend to gear more towards the number crunchers and mathematicians. I follow both in figuring out what gear i want to use.

Do you currently know anyone in Merciless: none =(

Do you have Ventrilo / DeadlyBossMods / Omen / Microphone (If no mic what is preventing you from obtaining one?):
I have Vent/DBM/ I do not have a threat meter, typically use the Blizzard frames with the % by the name. Or if my frames ever blink yellow i vanish. I do not have a mic because of the way i like to sit w/ my laptop. Where the earphone jack goes is where i rest the bottom of my computer on my stomach (rock hard abs), and the ends would always bend, and eventually break. i've gone through 5 headphones and its starting to get costly, so i had to just leave it.

List the start time and end time of your raid availability:
Sundays - None, i have work at nights
Monday - 5 ST to whenever
Tuesday - 8 ST to whenever, scheduling problems with classes.
Wednesday - 5 st to whenever
Thursday - 8 ST to whenever, classes.
Friday - Free all day
Saturday - free all day.

Two people win the roll for the same piece of loot. Player A wins, but Player B will get a larger upgrade from the loot. Who do you think should get the item and why: Obvious answer player B. If letting Player B get the bigger upgrade helps the raiding core as a whole, then I'm all for it.

Again, please be sure to fill this out completely & honestly. This is your first and last impression for our guild. Thank you for your cooperation.

pkn036

Back to top Go down

darksing - assassination rogue Empty Re: darksing - assassination rogue

Post  Ash Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:57 am

Thanks for the application, unfortunately, we're looking for players who can attend pretty much 100% throughout the week.

Since our raiding schedule is Sun/Tue/Thur 7-11pm ST, you would only be able to make 1 day consistently.

Good luck!
Ash
Ash
Admin

https://merciless.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Darksing Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:02 pm

yeah it was really late when i wrote this, didnt realize your raiding nights. Wish i knew before i scheduled my classes around absolute times. Thanks and good luck!

Darksing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down