Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Application: Warrior - Tarnin

Go down

Guild Application: Warrior - Tarnin Empty Guild Application: Warrior - Tarnin

Post  Tarnin Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:18 pm

Character Name: Tarnin

Your Age: 21

Class: Warrior

Level: 70

Talent Spec: 33/28/0 - PvE DPS, I Slam/MS and have specd to specialize in melee support with Blood Frenzy, Commanding Presence, and Imp Demo Shout

Professions: Gatherer - Herbalism/Skinning

Current Guild: None

Previous Guild/s & Reason/s for leaving: I went inactive at the beginning of this summer shortly after hitting 70 with Tarnin to focus on a competitive internship - the internship is done now and I'm ready to head back to normal classes/hit the PvE grind.

Why are you interested in joining Merciless: Merciless seems to be a mature guild that is focused on PvE progression and keeping drama-free/fun - Wraithnplate tanked for a party I was in today/approached me about dropping an app here and represented your guild well.

What do you think you will gain from joining Merciless: I hope to find a community of players similar to the progression oriented yet sociable guilds I was lucky enough to play my priest with. I would like to perfect my warrior skills (I've still got plenty to learn - melee dps and healing are a bit different!) and re-establish myself before Wotlk drops so that I will have some folks to experience the new content with lined up.

What do you think Merciless will gain from you joining: While I'm notably under-geared for your current raiding frontiers, after a few weeks of work I'll be capable of bringing mature, dependable, and competitive play to the table for Merciless' melee dps/support/OTing needs.

Do you consider yourself guild oriented and why: Yes I do consider myself guild oriented - I enjoy raiding for hours end on end, show up early/prepared, enjoy the camaraderie, and don't mind the late nights...so long as vent/chat are clear of drama

Rank these in Order (Loot, Progression, Helping Others, Self, Friends): Progression, Helping Others, Friends, Self, Loot

Pre-BC/BC Raiding Experiences: I took my priest through AQ40 pre-BC then up to Illidan in TBC, wanted to try doing it in plate instead of cloth

Do you currently know anyone in Merciless: I'm sure I've partied with several members in the past - Wraithnplate, Bullman, and Crunt (sp? holy priest...) were in a heroic bot with me earlier today.

Do you have Ventrilo / DeadlyBossMods / Omen / GroupCalendar: Yes to all

List the start time and end time of your raid availability: I'm available anytime friday-sunday, tuesday, and thursday - on monday and wednesday I have an evening class until 9ish server time

Two people win the roll for the same piece of loot. Player A wins, but Player B will get a larger upgrade from the loot. Who do you think should get the item and why: I believe loot rules can rarely be lain out in Black/White - many things contribute to who should get what loot, one of the least of all being who needs it most...I'm not sure what loot system Merciless employs however I've always participated in/been a fan of loot councils deciding who gets loot/chance to roll, if the council decided both A and B should roll then chance was the only thing separating who should receive the item in their minds. Once the dice have been thrown it seems to me that the roll should stick.

That being said well geared players should be conscious of passing on side-grades if guild progression would be helped more by passing loot to more poorly geared guild-mates, of course this could be true if the scenario were reversed as well.

Tarnin

Back to top Go down